Monday, March 12, 2007

Welcome to Tea Time and Roses ... Silhouette

Edit: To see "Silhouette" please click on September postings .... scroll to September 20, 2007

Well here I am, I finally set up my own blog. I am not sure what took me so long, because I have been a reader for some time now. I am so excited, and I have so much to share with you. I have been a designer/crafter for over twenty years now, creativity is a part of my very soul. I am so delighted with the on-line community of talented handcrafters and designers. Your love for what you do inspires me daily...

I hope you enjoy "Silhouette", I designed her just about three years ago. I designed her as a greeting card, but later decided she would be much better in a frame and very soon I plan to put her in a shadow box. I handcut her silhouette from black cardstock. Her hair is yarn which worked so well and looked so natural. Her hair style was not a forethought, but I styled as I went. I wanted it to look as natural as possible giving her a few whispies. It is hard to see on the photo I took, but she has a small bead earring. The bust was made from patterned floral paper, and to soften her look I put a flower in her hair. I enjoyed making "Silhouette". She took me about three days to complete.

I will have "pics" soon of my work space, I call it my "crafty room". I've been doing some card making lately, as well as a little cross stitching. Well till next time have a beautiful and craft-full day....

Beverly.....

2 comments:

Jeremiah said...

A hardy welcome to Tea Time and Roses...I am also a new commer to the blog scene, and I never thought I'd see something as beautiful as your introduction of "Silhouette". It is a beautiful work of art, and I can hardly wait to see more of your creations..I'll check in with you soon!!

Toni said...

Hi Beverly! Thanks for your nice note and welcome to the craft-blogging world!! It should be a fun ride.