Saturday, March 24, 2007

Spring Has Sprung...




It is a beautiful Saturday morning. The sky is the most lovely shade of blue; the clouds are so white and puffy reminding me of giant cotton balls. Spring flowers are everywhere, and I look forward each year to see the iris bloom and the fig tree that is in perfect view of my front window bear its first fruit... Even the most commonly little bushes flower in the spring, it really is a time for new beginnings.

Remember I told you I was working on a project I would tell you about later... I hope you enjoyed the picture of the note cards and invitations... I have been working on perfecting this line for a while now, not the card designs, for I have been making and designing cards and invitations for a very long time. It is the art work I am most excited about! About three years ago I tried my hand at carving my own stamps. Through much trial and error, I created what I call modular tiny stamps. I have been able to design enough modules to give me an array of whimsical flowers. Above is a small example. I plan to build a line of stationary, note cards, invitations, and more around them... I will keep you posted on how it is all coming along, and would love to hear your feedback on the idea...

Till next time, have a beautiful artist and craft-filled day...

Beverly


No comments: