Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ruffles and Thanksgiving...



I wanted so much to post on yesterday, but I tell you it was a day full of the unexpected, but a wonderful day none the less. I am excited about showing you a picture of my almost finished "Ruffles" scarf. I only have a little ways to go and I can bind it off! It seems like I have been working on this scarf forever, and I have another beautiful yarn all ready to go for my next one. I love the femininity of the ruffles softly gracing the neck. The pattern can be found in "Scarf Style" by Interweave Press and is 86" long, but I decided on 60" for me and I love it... if you are a knitter this book is fabulous with many beautiful scarf patterns. If you are not, and love scarves take a look at the braided scarf pattern on my March 15th post. No knitting is involved and it is so pretty... I would love to give designing my own patterns a try. I love sachets, and a small sachet pillow you could slip into your lingerie drawer or slip under your pillow for sweet dreams would be a first good starter project... Maybe this summer I will give it a go...

On Thursday, I was sitting at my kitchen table with a sweet and creamy cup of coffee thinking about how excited I am about sharing and becoming a part of a community of wonderful bloggers. God has given me the gift of gab, and I have found the perfect outlet. Most of all God has given me a heart for people, to encourage, inspire, and to share and for that I am most thankful...

Springtime is fully here with its blanket of color and long evenings, but with it comes daylight savings time and it is still dark when my hubby leaves for work and my ease level was taking a small dive. It is so much going on in our world today, and you sometimes worry about those you love, but I was reminded of God's word: "For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways". Psalm 91:11-12 NKJV. We have to continue to remind ourselves of God's word and daily be encouraged by them, and continue to realize just how much He loves us...

Have a wonderful weekend...

Beverly


2 comments:

Natalie said...

Beautiful scarf, beautiful thoughts and a good reminder. Thank you Beverly.

bj said...

I can't tell you how glad I am to have found your pretty blog. I keep coming back to read the older posts..ones I have missed.
Thanks for this beautiful post...and, yes, we MUST stop and remember how much HE does love us. I belong to a home church group and they met at my house tonight. It was such a good fellowship...the Holy Spirit was so powerful and our home was so full of love tonight. I am so blessed to have found this wonderful group and I am having a walk with my God that is closer than it's ever been. I am older and it took me a long time to find just the right church for me, but ...I found it!
Love, bj