Thursday, March 15, 2007

Braided Scarf and Alphabets Too...




I hope you enjoyed the "pics" I took. I am not that great with the camera... I wanted to share my braided scarf with you. I think it came out just lovely, and no knitting is required. I gathered up my left over yarns and ribbons, approximately 80" strands. I tied a knot at one end leaving enough for fringe. Now the braiding begins... leave enough for a knot and fringe on the other end and there you have it. Now, I must be honest, you need a partner to hold the fringe end while you braid. While braiding, pay close attention at keeping your yarns tangle free. My scarf is 72" after knotting including fringe. This is in no way an original idea, but it will be uniquely your own. One more thing, I love this scarf with strands of novelty yarns. My sister gave me one beautiful ball by Lion Brand called "Optik", and I also think organza ribbon is quite lovely in the scarf... Let me know if you make it and how it turns out...

I found this beautiful cross stitch pattern "Enchanted Alphabet". It was the designs of the alphabet that caught my attention. I plan to choose my favorite to stitch and place them in small pewter frames for a lovely vignette. I think that would be lovely. My first alphabet was placed on a card... I like that too, but I think the frame idea will be most beautiful...

Time to get back to work. I have a brand new project I am pretty excited about... I will share it with you all soon. Have a beautiful day...

Beverly..



1 comment:

The Card Lady said...

beautiful work Beverly. I read your post on my blog today and I need to say thank you. Please send me an email, perhaps we can exchange blog links. I could not find your email here anywhere or I would have contacted you directly.

Keep up the blogging!